- Chemical Metering Pumps
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Air Diaphragm Pumps
- Specialty Pumps and Accessories
- Flow Measurement
- Liquid Level Measurement
- Analytical Instruments
Open Channel Flowmeter
Flow in open channels can be measured by using an ultrasonic level transducer measuring level over a weir or flume. This is commonly done in wastewater and irrigation applications.
The programmable exponent function available in many digital panel meters is used to linearize the level signal in applications using weirs and flumes and display flow rate and total in engineering units.
The price for a system including transducer and a flow meter mounted in a NEMA 4X FRP enclosure starts at under $1000.
Please note that weir or flume is sold separately.
In order to put together a system, the following information is required:
1. Do you also need a weir or flume? If not, what is the size and type of weir or flume being used?
2. What is your expected flow rate?
3. Do you need any control outputs (4-20 mA signal, relays, pulses, etc.)?
4. What type of available power is there on site?
For additional information on these systems, please contact one of our technical sales engineers.